From historic films and conferences to family days and dialect singing, Shetland Museum and Archives hosts a wide range of life long learning events which are linked to the collections, temporary exhibitions and local and national events. Held throughout the year, events cater for all ages and abilities.
Standard events which are run regularly include our 'Sheeksin' sessions where staff or guest speakers invite the public to come along for a 'sheeks' about a specific subject. These sessions run at 2.30 on the second Tuesday of each month. 'Dus Du Mind' is also a regular event, run in partnership with Alzheimer Scotland, where memories are shared and past times recalled. Subjects for both will be listed on this page.
Please note some events are so popular they require advanced booking, call 01595 695057 to book your place.
There are 12 events in total. Listed below are events 1-10.
- Summer Tour Programme
04/06/2015 - 27/08/2015
- It's a Bugs Life - Family Fun Day
- Bairns Summer Workshops: 3 - 5years
07/07/2015 - 13/08/2015
- Bairns Summer Workshops: P1-3
07/07/2015 - 11/08/2015
- Meet the Experts: Up Helly Aa with Brian Smith
- Viking Family Day
- Bairns Summer Workshops: P4-7
13/07/2015 - 12/08/2015
- Meet the Experts: Shetland's Sunken Treasure with Laurie Goodlad
- Using the Archives - Discover your Shetland Roots
- Meet the Experts: German Merchants and Dutch Fishermen with Brian Smith